Thankful Thursday
Honestly, it has been a bit of a difficult few weeks in the Petro household. Nothing major, just several situations that have weighed heavy on our hearts. We keep having to remind ourselves that while we see in inches our God sees in miles. It just would be nice to have a little of His perspective at times! Never the less, we ALWAYS have reasons to be thankful. So, without further delay, Thankful Thursday (By David)
1. I'm thankful for the Tar Heels- What? Yep, you read it right. This has been a horrific season for my beloved Heels. (I might add that even at the beginning of the year I said I just hoped they could stay in the top 25... which they did not). Now they are playing in the NIT... not exactly what Heels fans are used to. But their demise this year just serves to remind me how quickly things can change. That we should never rest on our past accomplishments, but always strive to be better... especially in our spiritual lives.
2. I am thankful for days off- I love what I do for a living, but I sure do love my days off. I adore my wife and kids and have a blast getting to hang out with them. It might be a quick trip to the zoo or just blowing up the bounce house, but family time is my favorite time.
3. For my deacon- I don't ever recall having a deacon come by my house just to pray with us (and I have been in the baptist church for over 22 years!). Over the last few years my deacon has stopped by on multiple occasions just to pray with me and check in on our family. He is a great man and I hope one day that I can gain his wisdom and perspective. Thanks Ed.
4. Heather being a "stay at home" mom- I have always hoped my wife would stay at home with the kids. And Heather has always wanted to be a stay at home mom. It works for us. I love it that she is the one nurturing our kids, teaching them values, and demonstrating Christ-like love to them. That is not to diminish or detract from working moms, it's just a choice that we made for our family... and I like it.
5. A good life- Not to be morbid here- but last night as I was laying in bed I was looking at the pictures on our bookshelf. Pictures of me when I lived in Africa. Pictures of our kids. Heather's bridal portrait. I told Heather, if I die, don't let anybody say I was taken too early. I have lived a good and full life. I have been blessed beyond measure in both experiences and with family and friends. I hope I live a lot longer, but if something was to happen, I have had an amazing 35 years so far. (and am praying for another 50 more!)
Guess that does it for this week... thanks for checking our blog. (David)
1. I'm thankful for the Tar Heels- What? Yep, you read it right. This has been a horrific season for my beloved Heels. (I might add that even at the beginning of the year I said I just hoped they could stay in the top 25... which they did not). Now they are playing in the NIT... not exactly what Heels fans are used to. But their demise this year just serves to remind me how quickly things can change. That we should never rest on our past accomplishments, but always strive to be better... especially in our spiritual lives.
2. I am thankful for days off- I love what I do for a living, but I sure do love my days off. I adore my wife and kids and have a blast getting to hang out with them. It might be a quick trip to the zoo or just blowing up the bounce house, but family time is my favorite time.
3. For my deacon- I don't ever recall having a deacon come by my house just to pray with us (and I have been in the baptist church for over 22 years!). Over the last few years my deacon has stopped by on multiple occasions just to pray with me and check in on our family. He is a great man and I hope one day that I can gain his wisdom and perspective. Thanks Ed.
4. Heather being a "stay at home" mom- I have always hoped my wife would stay at home with the kids. And Heather has always wanted to be a stay at home mom. It works for us. I love it that she is the one nurturing our kids, teaching them values, and demonstrating Christ-like love to them. That is not to diminish or detract from working moms, it's just a choice that we made for our family... and I like it.
5. A good life- Not to be morbid here- but last night as I was laying in bed I was looking at the pictures on our bookshelf. Pictures of me when I lived in Africa. Pictures of our kids. Heather's bridal portrait. I told Heather, if I die, don't let anybody say I was taken too early. I have lived a good and full life. I have been blessed beyond measure in both experiences and with family and friends. I hope I live a lot longer, but if something was to happen, I have had an amazing 35 years so far. (and am praying for another 50 more!)
Guess that does it for this week... thanks for checking our blog. (David)
Comments