Thankful Thursday... a day late
Thankful Thursday- Birthday Day
Well Thursday was full of good times so we did not have an opportunity to do a blog. But, don't fear, we have plenty of photo's to make up for being a day late. (Hey, we are givers, what can we say!) OK, so maybe I'm just so proud of the kids I like to put cool pics up. Whatever the motivation, here is my Thankful Thursday.
1. Time with family. Heather made me a fruit pizza and scones for breakfast. After a quick trip to the Dr. for Karissa's 15 month well check (she is doing good, 70% for height, 25% for weight) we headed to Chester State Park. It is a great park, right on a lake, with a couple of playground areas for the kids to play on. We were the only family there for the majority of the time which was nice. The kids enjoyed the geese and we enjoyed the kids. Thanks to Heather for such a wonderful day.







2. My "work"- Is it really work when you enjoy it so much? Northside gives us our birthday off. Which makes this a long weekend for me! I did go in for a couple of hours, but that was because of my lack of planning. Northside is such a great Church and I love it both as a "job" and as my Church family. My Pastor is simply amazing and I have learned so much from him. If you live in Rock Hill and are looking for a Church, Northside Baptist is well worth a visit.
3. Health- Don't have any pics to share, but Heather and I are training for a 5k on April 17. Yesterday we went out to the track so I could run intervals. Heather played with the kids on the infield while I ran. It started raining towards the end, but it still was a great time. Despite all the health issues last year, the last time we went to the Dr. for being sick was the beginning of February! This is the longest stretch of no Dr. visits since Makayla was born!
4. Food- Check out this plate of food! In trying to be "budget friendly" we did not go out to eat, instead grilling our own steaks... but these were some serious T-bones! There were delicious! And of course the birthday cake was just incredible.

5. Friends- I received so many birthday cards in the mail and b-day wishes on Facebook that it served as a reminder of how blessed I am. Seriously, God has given me so many friends. 3 of my best friends I have known for over 20 years and look forward to seeing them this weekend. But there are so many others that I have been so fortunate that our paths have crossed. What a blessing to have you all in my life.
6. God- Last, and certainly not least- What a blessing it is to be on this journey with God. I have been in a relationship with Him for just over 22 years now. Many tend to think of religion as "pie in the sky when you die." Thankfully God did not consider creating the world enough. He desired relationship with His creation and has been relentlessly pursuing mankind ever since He created them. Jesus said in John 10:10 "The thief (devil) comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come that you might have life and have it to the full." A relationship with God is so much more than just an eternal hope of heaven, it is current hope in life. God makes the days on this earth so much more bearable. Heaven is all about unhindered relationship, fellowship, worship of God. Why not have a little of heaven on earth? If you are not a Christian, I would love to share with you on how to become one. It would be my pleasure. Feel free to drop me an e-mail at lionbait@comporium.net.
Thanks for stopping by our blog!
Well Thursday was full of good times so we did not have an opportunity to do a blog. But, don't fear, we have plenty of photo's to make up for being a day late. (Hey, we are givers, what can we say!) OK, so maybe I'm just so proud of the kids I like to put cool pics up. Whatever the motivation, here is my Thankful Thursday.
1. Time with family. Heather made me a fruit pizza and scones for breakfast. After a quick trip to the Dr. for Karissa's 15 month well check (she is doing good, 70% for height, 25% for weight) we headed to Chester State Park. It is a great park, right on a lake, with a couple of playground areas for the kids to play on. We were the only family there for the majority of the time which was nice. The kids enjoyed the geese and we enjoyed the kids. Thanks to Heather for such a wonderful day.
2. My "work"- Is it really work when you enjoy it so much? Northside gives us our birthday off. Which makes this a long weekend for me! I did go in for a couple of hours, but that was because of my lack of planning. Northside is such a great Church and I love it both as a "job" and as my Church family. My Pastor is simply amazing and I have learned so much from him. If you live in Rock Hill and are looking for a Church, Northside Baptist is well worth a visit.
3. Health- Don't have any pics to share, but Heather and I are training for a 5k on April 17. Yesterday we went out to the track so I could run intervals. Heather played with the kids on the infield while I ran. It started raining towards the end, but it still was a great time. Despite all the health issues last year, the last time we went to the Dr. for being sick was the beginning of February! This is the longest stretch of no Dr. visits since Makayla was born!
4. Food- Check out this plate of food! In trying to be "budget friendly" we did not go out to eat, instead grilling our own steaks... but these were some serious T-bones! There were delicious! And of course the birthday cake was just incredible.
5. Friends- I received so many birthday cards in the mail and b-day wishes on Facebook that it served as a reminder of how blessed I am. Seriously, God has given me so many friends. 3 of my best friends I have known for over 20 years and look forward to seeing them this weekend. But there are so many others that I have been so fortunate that our paths have crossed. What a blessing to have you all in my life.
6. God- Last, and certainly not least- What a blessing it is to be on this journey with God. I have been in a relationship with Him for just over 22 years now. Many tend to think of religion as "pie in the sky when you die." Thankfully God did not consider creating the world enough. He desired relationship with His creation and has been relentlessly pursuing mankind ever since He created them. Jesus said in John 10:10 "The thief (devil) comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but I have come that you might have life and have it to the full." A relationship with God is so much more than just an eternal hope of heaven, it is current hope in life. God makes the days on this earth so much more bearable. Heaven is all about unhindered relationship, fellowship, worship of God. Why not have a little of heaven on earth? If you are not a Christian, I would love to share with you on how to become one. It would be my pleasure. Feel free to drop me an e-mail at lionbait@comporium.net.
Thanks for stopping by our blog!
Comments
SO glad you all blog!
www.dreawood.com