Making good on a promise...
On February 14, 2011 we broke the news to the kids that we were moving to Africa. The younger two didn't really understand the magnitude of what we were saying, but Makayla did. She began crying because she didn't want to leave Rock Hill. The following day I was showing her some pictures of missionaries receiving their crate. In one of the pictures was a cat. Makayla said, "They have a cat! But we can't get one because Mommy is allergic to them." I agreed, but then added, "But we could get a dog..." From the moment of that promise Makayla was ok with moving to Africa. The fulfillment of the promise has taken longer than I intended, but today I was finally able to seal the deal with not one, but two puppies! I'm pleased to introduce to you the two newest members to the Petro family: (click on any of the pics to enlarge)
Meet Raider:
Meet Rameses:
They are a Rhodesian Ridgeback and Rottweiler mix and are almost 8 weeks old. Heather came up with the names; Raider for the Texas Tech Red Raiders and Rameses is the name of the mascot for the Tar Heels. When they are full grown they will weigh up to 85 lbs. Here are a few more pics from the day:
We told the kids this is their Christmas present from us. This is just after we gave them to them:
Makayla and Elijah getting to know their new puppies:
Karissa playing with Raider:
Makayla loving on Rameses
Our newest "Family Portrait"







Comments