still waiting

I know it has been soooo long since we have updated.  I'm sorry!  It is just that there is really not too much going on.  We are still waiting for word about our work permit.

All is well.
Really!

Makayla is just fine!  She will not even have a scar after all the monkey drama.  All the kids are doing great.  They are really thriving here in Botswana.  They are happy and growing!  Especially Elijah!  He is starting to lose the preschool look and really looking like a little boy.  Karissa is doing great too.  Her speaking is really incredible and now she has some Setswana words in her vocabulary...as well as some British English.  She has corrected me more than once for calling a cookie a cookie instead of a "biscuit".  All three are loving homeschool and have great attitudes.  When I see them doing so well, it warms and encourages this mama's heart!

David and I are doing well too.  It is hard to be in transition after all these months, we have our days where we are more discouraged than encouraged.  But, we are grateful for the many blessings which we are surrounded by.  There are opportunities for teaching and meeting new people.  We are getting to work with some precious people and we are learning a lot.  Each day we hope to hear from our new country.  We still have not heard anything.  It seems like they have not made a decision on our case.  Believe me, as soon as we hear something, we will be sending out lots of emails and posting on Facebook, twitter, and here!!  We are anxious to hear some news.  And we are open if God is going to change the plan...we want what He wants for sure!

In the meantime, thank you for praying for us!  We have felt it!  A few friends, who shall remain nameless, have said that they are tired of praying for our permits. Ha ha!  :)  We understand, believe me!  I told David that I was weary of praying for it myself this week.  I thought about stopping, but it has become like breathing.  I think even if we get a no on the permit, that I will be praying for this people for the rest of my life.  Please persevere in praying for the people we long to serve and the permits with us.  He sees.  He hears.

Comments

ksklein said…
We're still praying! It is good to hear you're faring well despite the unknowns and months and months of transition. His timing and plans are perfect and if for no other reason, He's reteaching you to trust in Him and wait upon the Lord. We miss you guys and are praying for you!
Danell said…
Exodus 2:25
"God saw the people of Israel—and God knew."

Praying for your own exodus! Love you guys:)

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing my Secrets...

Life together- True Community for believers

Reading List for 2017