The Fringes

How great is our God?  According to Job 26:
  • He stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.
  • He binds up the waters in this thick clouds, and the cloud is not split open under them.
  • The pillars of heaven tremble and are astounded at his rebuke.
  • By his power he stilled the sea
  • By his wind the heavens were made fair
Pretty amazing stuff... but guess what, those are but the fringes!  “And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him!  Who then can understand the thunder of his power?”  (Job 26:14)  What an awesome God we serve that these are but a whisper, the fringes of his power!  
On Tuesday (Feb. 28) I will celebrate my 24th year walking with the Lord (albeit some years more closely than others!)... and I’m still on the fringes of understanding his magnificence and power.  As I love God, I’m loving him on the fringes of who he is.  Imagine the love I would have if I knew him to the core!  
As I celebrate my Spiritual Birthday, I’m reminded of what a treasure I have in Him.  In Luke 10, after Jesus appointed 72 and sent them out, they return reporting to Jesus, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!”  Jesus responds to them, “Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”  (Luke 10:20)  My joy is not found in power, money, status or even success in ministry. On my 24th, I’m rejoicing that my name is written in heaven.  What a Savior!  What a Lord! 
-dp

Comments