David Stupid Story of the Day








Today was Rock Hill's "Come See Me Festival" 5k. Heather and I used to run, before we had kids. Somewhere in the mix of 3 kids in 3 years, time for running went out the window. Over the last couple of months we started running again and thought a little competition would be good. Also, one of our good friends, Caroline, drove down from Charlotte for the race. We had a good time and it even provided an opportunity for a David stupid story:

David stupid story of the day: In my vast experience of running races (two before today) I rarely take water during a race- especially during a 5k. But, I was hot and when I saw the water half-way through the race, I thought I would take some and pour it on my head to help cool down. I noticed that the trash can was close to the table and I wanted to make sure I put litter in its place, yet I did not want to slow down. So, I grabbed the cup of water and promptly dumped it on my head... only to find out it was not water, but red powerade. Lovely. So now I was not only hot, stinky and sweaty, but also sticky... and my shirt was covered in red powerade. When I got to the finish line I noticed a few others who must have also expected water in the cup based on their red-stained shirts. Thankfully it came out in the wash.

Makayla also ran with Grammy in the fun run. We came back to the house and enjoyed waffles with pineapples and strawberries... and I got a much needed shower to get the powerade out of my hair.

Comments

Haley said…
That is funny! ALWAYS check the cup!! :)
Anna said…
Loved the story! Would have loved to see some pics of that moment.
Kaylan said…
oh, that is classic! I can't believe I haven't heard this before reading it this morning....this so could have happened to one of us....I guess we would have to run though...so maybe not

Popular posts from this blog

Life together- True Community for believers

Sharing my Secrets...

Reading List for 2017