a day late

My amazing husband had his birthday yesterday! I meant to post, but with trying to do things around the house and take care of the three amigos, I dropped the ball here. But< HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, My LOVE!
I really am so blessed to have David for a husband and I could gush on and on...but instead I will just do the "Ten Things I Love About David" thing.
1. David's relationship with the Lord...I'm envious and long to know God like David knows God. It is such a blessing to our family that David follows God so closely.
2. He is a romantic. :) He never fails to let me know that he loves me and always puts me first...he gives of himself extravagantly. He is an amazing husband!(He is also a tough guy...which leads me to number 10.)
3. He loves being a father. David is so good with the kids.... He gets involved in the fun, the sweet, the hard, the messy...without hesitation.
4. David is an impeccable communicator...especially of God's word. He is my favorite preacher and writer. I love just talking with him when he shares what he has been learning in spending time with God. I am always challenged, but in a good way.
5. David is authentic. He is who he is at all times and with all people. Wow. He doesn't put on airs or masks. He has helped me to learn to be much more content with who I am by his example of authenticity.
6. He is a man of integrity. David knows and does what is right...end of story. He goes out of his way to keep himself from situations that might be tempting. He truly is a "good" man. Yet, he knows so clearly that he is saved by grace alone because of Jesus Christ.
7. David listens....to me, to others, to the Lord. He hears what is said beyond the words, if that makes sense.
8. He is able to see situations from other viewpoints. When I get steamed about a situation, he is so quick to remind me that I don't know the full story. He thinks of what people could also be going through or thinking.
9. He is just plain fun! David has taught me to laugh at life and to enjoy. ..not that he doesn't struggle too at times, but those little things in life that can annoy, he finds humorous. Our home is filled with laughter.
10. He is hot! What can I say? Maybe it seems shallow. It doesn't hurt that he is so very good looking!
Comments