Unexpected Gifts! AKA our other daughter
Excuses are so unbecoming, so I will not even try to explain why this blog entry has been so neglected, but I have been wanting to share about this precious one for a long time and I am finally taking the ten minutes to sit down and share.
In October, we received word that Kayla, a fellow worker with our organization, would be extending her 2 year commitment and had volunteered to spend that time coming out to our corner of Zambia to help teach our munchkins! She is doing a great job teaching the kids and she is a continuous encouragement to us all.
I am sure that I will get REALLY sappy when it is time for this precious one to return to her true Mama in Tennessee. She has been such a delight! She has not only filled a need to really help me be able to focus on language for some months, but she has fit in beautifully with our family. The kids have really bonded with her and Makayla calls her "big sister". She is a servant-hearted breath of fresh air who faces challenges with the grace and dignity mentioned in Proverbs 31. We love her dearly.
So, as you are lifting up our little family in rural Zambia, please remember her too. We are so grateful for all of you out there who are partnering with us and lifting us up in prayer. We could not do this without you. And, thank you for celebrating Kayla with us too! hp


Comments