Women's Conference
Bethel Baptist

Many of our friends were praying for this women's conference and specifically for Heather as she taught about King Josiah.  The theme of the conference was "Revival" and Heather talked about how during the renovation of the temple they found the Scriptures.  King Josiah, as a result of finding the Scriptures, commanded all the altars built to other gods be torn down and they only worship the one true God.  She talked about how if we want to experience a true revival it will be because the people of God come back to the Word of God with a heart of obedience.  Please continue to pray that this lesson will resonate in the hearts of these women and they will pursue Christ through His written Word.  


Here are a few pictures:



There were about 45 women there and they slept on the mats for two nights to be part of the conference.  





Five Churches were represented, but one of them had only one member in attendance.  The above picture was after the women got up with her when it was time for her church to provide special music.  The song was about how they will all be together in heaven one day.  What started as a solo ended with a majority of those attending coming up front to join her.  




Heather when she began teaching.  I was so proud I had to sneak a few pictures before I went outside to play with the kids.  She has been studying Chitumbuka for over a year now and specifically preparing for this lesson for weeks.  She is so much better than she gives herself credit for and I am beaming with pride at her dedication and her heart for the women here.  




Heather told the story by herself and then asked questions about the story and how it applies to our lives.  The translator came up to help her hear the answers the women were giving.  




I know, the above shot isn't the best, but was such a great picture into the hearts of these two women I wanted to post it.  
This was "pre-lunch".


Normally I would be suspicious of these boys off in the woods.  But, they were "taking care" of the chicken in the above picture.  


These women were cooking lunch for those in the meeting.  


 While Heather was in teaching, the kids and I brought along a frisbee and played with the local children outside.  They had a blast.  It was interesting to watch as our vehicle approached they all stopped to stare.  Later, a motorcycle went down the road and they all stopped to stare again (except our kids).  But later, when an ox-cart came by, they kept playing but our kids stopped to stare!  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life together- True Community for believers

Sharing my Secrets...

Reading List for 2017