coolness

The seasons are changing. The coolness in the morning seems to add a bounce to my step as I walk the children to their school. After weeks…months actually…of feeling like the pace of life and my never-ending to do list were daily exceeding my ability or even desire to meet...I am so grateful for a change in pace.
I am also grateful for all that we are having the opportunity to learn as a family. Each week, the children study a country that one of their classmates will be going to soon. They are learning so much about beauty and fun things in other cultures. They are also learning the usual prek/kindergarten language and phonics and number sense kinds of things. Karissa is learning a ton of new little finger plays that she loves to sing. It is so fun to see them thriving in this new environment and it encourages my heart as a mama about the next round of changes.

David and I have been learning so much as well. The saying they use around here is that we are trying to drink out of a fire hydrant.  Our learning has been diverse and meaningful and plentiful. I think I will still be processing much of what we are learning for months to come.

The most significant learning that is going on for me is inside my heart.

Have you been in a season like this?

I have been coming face to face with myself. And it has not been pretty or fun, necessarily. But, it has been so freeing. Because, you see, in getting a more accurate view of myself and recognizing my numerous weaknesses, I am also getting a more accurate view of my Lord…a bigger understanding of how big He is and for how tremendous is His power. (The earthquake may have helped with this! )

I have felt stripped of…

Conveniences (like 24/7 internet access)

Expectations

The Familiar

Many Loved ones

And I have missed them…I have missed you…



But at the same time, I have gained

Increased faith in my Father

Greater understanding of the power of prayer

Peace in the waiting

And Joy in the journey


Thank you so much. I know so many of you are praying for us and our family. We do not take this lightly. And we are thrilled that you are on this journey with us. We are doing well and we are honored to be here. I am praying that if any of you are in a season of change that God will use this time to reveal more of Himself to you in a fresh new way that brings refreshing to your soul.

joy & peace, hp

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Comments

The Cooleys said…
Love this post and love you my friend! Thanks for sharing!
Meredith said…
Awesome.... thank you for opening up like this.... a special reminder of where I am at myself. Joy and hugs to all of you dear Petros.... and thank you for pointing me to Jesus - on the phone yesterday and here in your post.