Thankful Thursday
(from David)

Well it's late and Heather is sleeping, so I thought I would interject this week and do a blog for her. Top things I'm thankful for this week:
1. That God continues to give me the opportunity to dig into His word and grow in my walk with Him. Then he graciously allows me to share with others what He is teaching me through the Scriptures. This week- the love of Christ. Unexpected love. Many do things to express their love because they are expected (Hello Valentine's Day) God did the unexpected, took on human flesh, made His dwelling among us, died for us, was raised and offers us a relationship with him. Wow, what an incredible God we serve.
2. A wife that continues to amaze me with her heart for the Lord, her selflessness with our family and how she continues to get prettier and prettier! The pic on this blog post is from our Valentine's Date- five and a half years later, I still am amazed she married me.
3. My children- I have always wanted to have kids. God has so amazingly blessed me with three great kids that just brighten my day. I could not imagine my life any better than what it is right now!
4. Friday's at Chicfila- We, fairly regularly, go to Chickfila on Fridays. They have a deal (Dave Lyle) where you get a free kids meal with an adults combo. So it is cheap and good food! Plus, we have another couple that we have grown close to who are just great people that we often meet up there on Friday's. We are secretly planning on our kids marrying their kids so one day we can sit around a turkey at Thanksgiving debating who is going to have a better season, Clemson or the Heels.
5. Caleb Lee- my newest nephew born Monday of this week. He is a handsome little guy. The gift of life is amazing, and I'm praising God for this new life and praying that he will know the love of God at an early age.

Comments

Kaylan said…
I think I NEED a chic-fil-a Friday!! I am missing them!!

Popular posts from this blog

Life together- True Community for believers

Sharing my Secrets...

Reading List for 2017