Little Hands


This month, we are trying to read a bible verse and do a craft everyday to learn about Christmas.
Yesterday's lesson was about how the angel Gabriel told Mary she was going to have a baby and name Him Jesus.

"But the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.'" Luke 1:30-32a


Just in case you can't tell, Makayla painted Mary and Elijah painted Gabriel.
A good friend encouraged me to just let the kids paint how they wanted to paint...the controlling inner school teacher struggled with this just a wee bit...until I saw how proud they were. I have a lot to learn about preschoolers!

There are some wonderful websites for this. I wish my ideas were original. Not so much. Pretty much every good idea I have is stolen...er, I mean, borrowed.

Here are some sites I visit regularly for ideas:

http://www.totallytots.blogspot.com/
http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/christmas.html

Comments

Haley said…
so cute! It is hard sometimes to let them color outside the lines. I figure they have the rest of their lives to "stay in the lines" so let them live it up while they're itty bitty. You're right, they are so proud of themselves!
Meredith Poe said…
Too sweet! I know they must be so very proud of their handiwork. I am impressed that you did something like that each day for Christmas - way to start that teaching at such a young age. I am proud of you, Heather.

Popular posts from this blog

Life together- True Community for believers

Sharing my Secrets...

Reading List for 2017