Autumn is coming...

Changes.
Life is full of them, is it not? Even when it doesn't seem like much is going on, there are still little changes. I have been noticing this with the munchkins lately. Sometimes it is hard to see that there is a difference...the day to day seems monotonous at times. Really, it seems like some days I repeat myself over and over. And, by the way, it is a direct repeat of the day before. Have you seen the movie "Groundhog Day"?

But just like with autumn leaves..all of a sudden, I notice a little tinge of red...and I realize things are changing. My babies are growing up. This realization doesn't make me sad. But, it sure does prompt me to savor this season we are in. It is a tiring season in some ways: constant movement, energy, reminders, coaxing, reminding myself that I do not have to participate in the negotiations of a 3 year old, not much sleep...I mean really not much sleep.

But what a lovely season at the same time.

Our spunky little "tornado in jeans" so busy, busy, busy.
Makayla's middle name, Lorato, means "love". And love she does! Makayla LOVES life! She is so quick to love others. She is little miss social butterfly. She is quick to help. Her intentions are usually good. She is growing up so quick. She has started going to "big church" and David said her face is just full of wonder. So sweet. Makayla no longer wears diapers, even at night. She gets herself dressed. And look, she is even starting to fix her own hair now. (Ok, so it still needs a little work. )

Next is our little man. He strives so hard to be like Daddy. He is laid back and easy going. Elijah's middle name is Amani, which means "peace". He really is a peaceful little guy...for the most part. He likes to help as well, especially his baby sister. He is friendly too,but a bit more shy...will gladly give you a bashful grin. He likes to try to figure out how things work and notices details that I would never notice in a million years. He is our observer. He is talking so well and already learning his letters. Elijah is very content to play by himself but always wants to know where Makayla is. He is such a cool kid!
And finally, our little Karissa Amali. Her middle name means "hope" and it will be fun to see as she grows and develops how her name suits her. She has such a sweet spirit and reminds me of a little lamb. She has two teeth, with two more quickly descending. She is crawling and pulling up on anything she can. Her hair is finally growing in a little more, big deal if it sticks straight up! LOL. Karissa is so quick to laugh and is already joining Makayla in the "Daddy's Girls" club. She is a joy!

Karissa is also the one that has kept us on our toes. Nothing like riding in an ambulance with a 7 day old infant who stopped breathing to bring me to my knees and lay her at the feet of our Lord. Then, to have the same child in the hospital again at 8 months old while they run tests to see if she has leukemia. (Thankfully, she doesn't). And to have doctors routinely test her blood, trying to determine why her white blood count periodically dips low. Never mind the hours of trying to figure out why she won't take a bottle...or sleep. Even though she is our third, I still do not really know what I am doing in this parenting gig. :)

I have definitely been humbled by these experiences. They have acted to remind me that she, all of them, are not my possessions. They are a treasure entrusted by One I love so much. What a daunting responsibility...one that I am not able to do on my own. But God is so faithful to teach me through His word, through the leadership of my excellent husband, and through advice of precious people who also follow Him. I am also eternally grateful for all the prayers on our behalf. You can see David's post below about the "Prayers of the Saints". (I dont' know how to link them yet.) But God has really been teaching me how mighty and big He is...even when I feel so small and insignificant. I pray that I will love more like He loves and teach more like He teaches. Teach us to count the days, Sweet Lord.

Comments

Kelly said…
Love your latest post with updates on all the kiddos. I have to say, although Cameron potty trained quickly, she is STILL wearing pullups to bed every night and fills them!! She is almost 4....small bladder???....or just lazy...hehe??
I also had no idea that you had an incident with Karissa at 7 days old. My goodness what a scare that must have been!!....and then of course the latest 'bout in the hospital.
It is so wonderful to know the Lord is there for us and carries us through the ups & downs of life. Love you guys and all your little kids! :)Kelly
I love reading blogs and found yours. Your kids are beautiful and I enjoy reading about your heart for the Lord as you raise them. What a precious reminder to stop and let the "seasons of life" fall over us in quiet wonder as we praise Him for each one.

Kimberly Law
Meredith Poe said…
Heather, I am just now able to catch up on your wonderful blog. Your photos of your family are priceless and it fun to read/see your life and all its happenings. This post in particular blessed my heart so much - God has gone over and above to bless you through your family and thank you for sharing your heart. And it is so special for me to hear how your little personalities in your kids are unfolding. Though I am miles and miles and miles away, I feel like I know them better and how to pray for them.
Priceless.

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing my Secrets...

Life together- True Community for believers

Reading List for 2017