Prayers of the Saints (Aug. 13)

First, thanks to all those who were lifting my precious daughter Karissa up in prayer the last few days. I have never felt the power of prayer as I have in the last 36 hours. We were purposefully vague with all but a few friends as to exactly what was happening, knowing the Father would hear your prayers and intercede in his Divine wisdom and will.

She was running in excess of 104 fever for 5 days. We were treating it with tylenol and motrin, but only able to get it down to around 101. We took her to the Dr. on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They did blood work on Tuesday and Wednesday. The results were so concerning on Wednesday they decided to send her to Charlotte for evaluation. Her white blood count was dropping and her platelets were very low. When Heather asked the Dr. if he was thinking viral infection or cancer he responded, "those are all options that are on the table".

Many of you know that I lost a brother to Leukemia. While not a "blood" brother, my mind turned instantly to that scenario. I can't form the words to describe the utter distress my heart went into. Just the possibility of my 8 month old daughter having Cancer devastated me and brought me to tears. I was barely able to type as I requested prayer on Facebook. All I wanted to do was hold her.

So many of you responded saying that you were praying for her and that truly brought comfort. The messages kept pouring in via FB, text, and e-mails that people were praying. Over the next 36 hours they ran a plethora of tests on Karissa. The "blood smear" was the one that would tell us if she has Leukemia and it was the one that took the longest to get back. Thankfully the Dr. told us today that it came back clear. We cried. It turned out that she just had one bad and uncommon viral infection.

A couple of weeks ago I preached on the Holiness of God out of Isaiah 6. One of the points I took from the text was that God was deserving of Worship simply because of who He is and not what He gives. His Holiness alone mandates our worship. Here then is the question; would God be any less deserving of worship if the Dr. would have come back with a different report today?

I'm so glad that God did not make us walk that road... yet my heart aches for those who have to. My mind turned to those parents who receive different news, as my parents did 22 years ago, almost, to the day. How horrific. For now, and for quite a while, my prayers will be with those families.

For those of you who prayed... thank you. (David)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life together- True Community for believers

Sharing my Secrets...

Reading List for 2017