Run, Forest, RUN!
I have never felt more like a mom before.
David and I have been going on nightly walks/jogs with the kids. It has been such sweet family time and has made me really want to get back into running again. Sunday, I had been home all day with the kids because Elijah had a stomach bug and we didn't want to infect the nursery. Karissa and Makayla stayed home too because we figured that they might be carriers. All David had to say was "why don't you go for a run...alone".
"Really?!? Are you sure? ok - bye!" And after a quick change, I was off. I didn't do my usual..."Well, I could take the baby...or I don't really need to..." nope. I was gone. I didn't realize how desperate I was for a break.
David must have been surprised by my reaction too.
He laughingly said it was like Forest Gump..."Run, Forest, RUN"...he said that I was going to run and run and never come back. He sounded a bit nervous. I assured him that I would be back.lol
So, why did I feel like a mom? There I was almost giddy to be out by myself...plodding along. I was not wearing mom jeans.
It was worse.
I was wearing my maternity shorts.
Nope. You didn't miss anything. I am most definitely NOT expecting again. And, YES, I realize that Karissa is now almost 5 months old. But you see, I am too frugal...ok, cheap, to buy clothes that actually fit. (and I keep thinking not having many clothing options will motivate me to lose the weight. We still have Thin Mints in our pantry, you know.)
So there I am jogging in maternity shorts. I didn't care.
Add to this that my jog has turned into a pathetic shuffle...
but I didn't care.
I got passed by two college girls. I didn't care
EVEN when I got passed by a man with VERY gray hair, I did not care.
I was so thrilled to just jog sans jogging stroller and baby bjorn for a change of pace. (I definitely would not want to do this every time...because I also love family time) It was so nice just listen to the birds, wind, baseball game and not try to turn everything into a little "mini-lesson". I felt like I was soaring even though I was shuffling. I began to believe that maybe I could be a runner again. God is so good...He knows just what we need...even when it is just a little break from cheerios, diapers, and incessant questioning.
I know. I need to get out more. And, I will.
David and I have been going on nightly walks/jogs with the kids. It has been such sweet family time and has made me really want to get back into running again. Sunday, I had been home all day with the kids because Elijah had a stomach bug and we didn't want to infect the nursery. Karissa and Makayla stayed home too because we figured that they might be carriers. All David had to say was "why don't you go for a run...alone".
"Really?!? Are you sure? ok - bye!" And after a quick change, I was off. I didn't do my usual..."Well, I could take the baby...or I don't really need to..." nope. I was gone. I didn't realize how desperate I was for a break.
David must have been surprised by my reaction too.
He laughingly said it was like Forest Gump..."Run, Forest, RUN"...he said that I was going to run and run and never come back. He sounded a bit nervous. I assured him that I would be back.lol
So, why did I feel like a mom? There I was almost giddy to be out by myself...plodding along. I was not wearing mom jeans.
It was worse.
I was wearing my maternity shorts.
Nope. You didn't miss anything. I am most definitely NOT expecting again. And, YES, I realize that Karissa is now almost 5 months old. But you see, I am too frugal...ok, cheap, to buy clothes that actually fit. (and I keep thinking not having many clothing options will motivate me to lose the weight. We still have Thin Mints in our pantry, you know.)
So there I am jogging in maternity shorts. I didn't care.
Add to this that my jog has turned into a pathetic shuffle...
but I didn't care.
I got passed by two college girls. I didn't care
EVEN when I got passed by a man with VERY gray hair, I did not care.
I was so thrilled to just jog sans jogging stroller and baby bjorn for a change of pace. (I definitely would not want to do this every time...because I also love family time) It was so nice just listen to the birds, wind, baseball game and not try to turn everything into a little "mini-lesson". I felt like I was soaring even though I was shuffling. I began to believe that maybe I could be a runner again. God is so good...He knows just what we need...even when it is just a little break from cheerios, diapers, and incessant questioning.
I know. I need to get out more. And, I will.
Comments